THEREFORE, WE NEED
IN OUR DIET
Why do we need:
B vitamins are needed, among other things, for the body's metabolism, immune system, nervous system and cell division to function normally.
Skin, hair and nails are also dependent on B vitamins.
Since the body cannot produce vitamin B itself, it is important to get sufficient amounts through the food. Vitamin B is found in animal foods such as meat, fish, seafood, eggs and dairy products or through dietary supplements.
Some types of vitamin B are also found in fruits, vegetables, legumes and grains.
Lack of vitamin B can cause a variety of health problems and cause symptoms such as
fatigue, dizziness, depression, numbness, and irritability.
3 quick facts
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
We live in an increasingly polluted environment so we need more B vitamins to create natural protection.
B vitamins increase the effect of other vitamins you consume, that is, the effect of A, E, and C vitamins will be greater if you simultaneously get enough B vitamins.
Vitamin B6 is needed for the body to form and break down amino acids as well as convert them to serotonin and dopamine, which act as signaling agents in the brain. Deficiency of B6 can therefore affect both mood and brain functions.
Did you know that:
Different B vitamins have different properties
- VITAMIN B1
Contributes, among other things, to normal psychological functioning
- VITAMIN B2
• Contributes, among other things, to maintaining normal vision
- VITAMIN B3
• Contributes to normal energy conversion, among other things
- VITAMIN B5
• Contributes, among other things, to reducing tiredness and fatigue
- VITAMIN B6
• Contributes, among other things, to the normal functioning of the nerve system
- VITAMIN B7
• Helps to maintain normal hair and skin
- VITAMIN B9
• Contributes to normal blood formation, among other things
- VITAMIN B12
• Helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue